Re: Custom DSDT Table in the fedora kernel at boot time

> Email the acpi-dev-team my custom dsdt so that they can include it
> in the mainline kernel :). Since this is the "missing" code that
> breaks my machine, it should be send as a patch for inclussion. And

You do not have the rights or the permissions from the manufacturer to
distribute or generally make available copies of the DSDT (whether counted
as firmware or not) beyond limited 'fair use' rights in some part of the
world.

That is one big problem with this patch - Red Hat couldn't ship the modified
DSDTs without permission of each vendor or more likely whichever company
they paid to do the work.