Backporting some F9 packages to F8

brad longo Bl0ngo067 at aim.com
Sat Jun 28 02:31:36 UTC 2008

Joshua C. wrote:
> I have F8 and I like it. F9 is better but there are still some issue
> for me. My ati card isn't resonably supported by the free ati driver.
> the fglrx I don't like either and other minor problems (acer hk,
> kde359 is still better than 404 I think, etc). therefore I'm kind of
> "stuck" with f8.
>
> I'm still waiting for the upgrade to F9.
>

> 2008/6/27 Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz <mailto:dan at danny.cz>>:
>

>     Joshua C. píše v Pá 27. 06. 2008 v 11:28 +0200:
>     > Can someone backport some of the F9 packages to F8? Especially
>     some of
>     > the following:
>     > firefox 3
>     > openoffice.org <http://openoffice.org> 2.4.1 (3 beta)
>     > kdebase 4.0.83  beta
>     > mesa
>     > xorg-x11-drv-ati
>     > pulseaudio
>     > gdm
>     > gcc
>     > ............................
>     >
>     > and other "basic" packages. It would be nice to have up-to-date F8.
>
>     And what will be then the reason to update from F-8 to F-9?
>

>                    Dan
>

>     --

I thought about creating an rpm for Firefox 3.0 for Fedora 8 because my
brother's computer doesn't like Fedora 9 and Firefox 3.0 better suits
his needs than Firefox 2.0.  Whether or not v2 is better than v3 is up
to personal opinion, in my opinion, and I understand your ATI card issue
as well because I have the same issue. Anyway if I get around to
creating the rpm, and it works, I'll send you the rpm.

-- Brad