file dependencies and packages and [blocker] bugs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 1 14:55:33 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede <at> hhs.nl> writes:
> Erm, yes and our mantra is upstream, and most of these apps are portable
> (using SDL + SDL_ttf for example), how am I going to get this upstream,

We can carry patches for distro integration, and IMHO this is such a patch.
Several game packages have patches to support setgid privilege dropping, I
don't see why this would be handled differently, especially if it's only as
short as the snippet Bill Nottingham posted.

> Really this is not a problem of the apps, people should stop thinking
> about this as being a problem of the apps, there are just too many apps
> doing this, this should be fixed centrally.

That's what fontconfig is doing.

        Kevin Kofler