Beta freeze/release slipping by a week

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:58:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>

>  On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:32:06 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
>
>  > Significant amounts of keyboard wackiness should be resolved by
>  > 1.4.99.900-whatever.  It may or may not have missed last night's
>  > rawhide compose, but it's in koji.
>
>  I can confirm that my Alt key works again under xfce4 after updating to
>  koji.

I updated to the koji version after having run the F8 version for a
while due to the recent breakage.

My machine would come up to gdm, but moving the mouse caused X to die.
It looks like the ALPS driver was complaining about bad input values.
Re-added some old synaptics paragraphs to solve that problem. Now ALPS
complains about not getting evdev, but synaptics gets there beforehand
and works.

compiz works again (radeon R300). The gnome-compiz-preferences
segfaults but the old compiz-manager works. control-alt-arrow keys
don't work however

The workspace switcher still has the old problem of showing 4 virtual
screens per compiz screen.

darrell