Suggestion for cvs tag handling

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Mar 6 22:57:55 UTC 2008

JS> The user/developers should be able to create tag in the form
JS> foo-1_1-1_fc8 and can still use the -F flag.

JS> If a build was started on koji based on the requested cvs tag a new
JS> tag in the form _build_foo-1_1-1_fc8 may be created.

JK> We don't want koji writing to the SCM, and thus the tag should
JK> come from the user via make tag.

Well, I guess you could implement Jochen's suggestion by having "make
build" create the immutable tag, but I kind of wonder as to the point
of tagging without building.  The only thing I can think of is that
you want to tag and then have someone else take a look at the package
before you build, but in that case I don't understand why they
wouldn't just checkout the head anyway.

 - J<