Fedora 9 Beta Freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 13:46:43 UTC 2008

This morning at nearly 0700 UTC we froze Fedora 9 for Beta.  Today's
rawhide is comprised of those frozen bits.  Our plan is to test it
heavily this week and have a set of good packages for the beta by
Thursday/Friday, for release the following Thursday.

The Beta freeze is a blocking freeze, that is for the duration of the
freeze only the frozen bits will be seen in rawhide, and the only
updates you'll see in rawhide are those that we are explicitly tagging
for the beta.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview#head-7dfffd8d508d35c931d4b7cc519fce1b00019e4c for more details.

If you wish your build to be tagged for beta and it isn't already (koji
latest-pkg f9-beta <package>) please mail rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
stating the build you want tagged, the reason you want it tagged, and
the testing you've done on the build already.

In order to keep the freeze time short and prevent any slipping, please
concentrate on fixing important bugs rather than new releases or other
featurish work, especially since the Feature Freeze is now as well.  The
harder people work on bugfixing, the faster we can get the Beta out and
lift the freeze and concentrate on getting things ready for the final
freeze.

Cheers!

--
Jesse Keating