Fedora-based cross compilation environment available....

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 20:40:02 UTC 2008

Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> Several months ago I mentioned that Red Hat had a cross build
> environment which generates embedded root filesystems using Fedora
> source rpms.  Today we are making it available.

In the interests of spurring some discussion, I wanted to let you all
know our current thinking on the future of rpmbuildroot and solicit some
feedback.  Current todo/wish list:

1. Support the latest mock.

2. Compose rootfs with ancondo/livecd-tools instead of home-grown solution.

3. Go from bootstrap oriented to bootstrap capable/package oriented.
Perhaps integrate with koji.

4. Track down x86_64 host failures.

5. It's been mentioned that it needs a better name- any suggestions?

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com