Fedora 9 Beta, PackageKit and system-config-printer

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:57:54 UTC 2008

> Things like enabling updates-testing repository to quickly grab a new
> package, enabling a repository for a particular session when it is
> otherwise disabled

That we can do already.

> pointing to a local mirror or different source for a
> repository

Is that a common use case?

> switching between base url and mirror list etc are things I
> do pretty often.

Why do you do this out of interest?

> In Pirut, I have enabled the media repository on some
> systems too.

Sure, we're going to solve that in a slightly different way. If the disk
is in th drive, then the repo gets enabled and the disk used where
possible, remove it, and the repo gets disabled. Much easier to use.

Richard.