Suggestion Next Release

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 03:43:54 UTC 2008

Em Sáb, 2008-03-22 às 22:08 -0500, Diego Escobar escreveu:

> Hi...
>
> I think is enough and a I will close this "suggestion" with a
> final comment. I agree with Jeff, is not a good idea have a lot of
> Fedora images customized, is not good for the community, but when
> something doesn´t have what we want, simply change it.
>
> The question is not about to do "arbitrary customizations" else listen
> what the real users wants. Remember a developer works for the users
> and he can´t ignore their requeriments. So, I think is a good idea to
> have a little space where users can vote and decided what is the
> default setting or software on Fedora (obviously inside the Fedora
> rules), and by this way most part of people will be happy knowing that
> his vote counts. (Please, this is different of ProposedFeatures).
>
> Thanks.

+1

I really understand and agree why we should not include proprietary and
patented stuff in our spins, but I don't think changing the nautilus
window behavior is bad and I think some people is making a big deal of
this.

I'am sure that we need to have a limit for customization, but in this
case I don't think we crossed that line. We started out from a .ks file
provided by Rahul Sundaram but we had to make some small changes. For
instance, we had to include a command to fix the installation icon,
because it wasn't appearing on the desktop. It was totally necessary.

We also need to have some space for customization. The translation
itself is a customization and the local teams give support for that.

If we need to drop the Nautilus browser mode to make the spin official
there is no problem by me, but our users will not like it.