Application for GSoC Project - Package WebUI

pavel khardikov sonic at inetwork.ru
Sun Mar 23 21:45:26 UTC 2008

Hi, Thorsten!

I'm interested in the GSoC Package WebUI project idea.

I am well acquainted with the basic principles and methods of working
with  repoview and pkgdb.
I have a desire to make a site that provides information on all packages
and has convenient tools for searching, grouping, resolving
dependencies, etc...
I consider that the best variant for development of the new application
is the use or improvement repoview or pkgdb.

I think that http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages are very convenient and
functional tools.

I have a good experience in user interface design and development of web
applications:
-- scripting languages: perl, python, php and the popular frameworks for
them, like Catalyst, Django and ZendFramework
-- XML, HTML / XHTML, CSS, semantic and cross-browser making-up
-- graphic tools

What is the main criteria for application?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerCoding/2008/Ideas
--
Best regards. Pavel Khardikov