kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Mar 23 23:27:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 06:16:51PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:

> But that is not in conflict with Fedora's stance; Fedora ships other
> binary firmware already.  Fedora doesn't need a second kernel that
> strips out things that are already in accordance with Fedora's goals.
>
> I don't see any reason for Fedora to ship multiple kernels to satisfy
> someone that disagrees with the stated goals of Fedora.

 Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the latest in
 free and open source software. Fedora is always free for anyone to use,
 modify, and distribute. It is built by people across the globe who work
 together as a community: the Fedora Project. The Fedora Project is open
 and anyone is welcome to join.

Guess where it comes from...

Though I agree with the pragmatic choice to ship binary closed source
firmwares in fedora, this is against the stated goals of Fedora.

--
Pat