few ideas how to make fedora better as a desktop

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 20:50:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 01:04:11PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> said:
> > (Actually
> > I fail to see what horribly necessary commands are causing this to be a
> > big issue, but that's beside the point.)
>
> I usually add /usr/sbin:/sbin to my PATH for the following commands I
> sometimes/often use as a regular user (I can't change things but I can
> view current conditions/settings) by what package they come from:

But ordinary users don't need these commands. You are acting as an
administrator when you are using them. The information you get isn't
very useful unless you can switch to root if something is wrong.

Also, adding the directories to PATH by default will make the shell
completion less effective.

Just my -1.

--
Miroslav Lichvar