Suspend on Running ot of battery power

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sat Mar 29 00:41:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:33 +0100, Michal Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:15:29 -0600
> "Balaji Ravindran" <fedora-devel at coresfoundation.com> wrote:
>
> > i noticed if my laptop's battery runs out, the computer abruptly shuts
> > down., but i felt it should actually save the current state, before
> > the computer suspends or dies out of battery power.
>
> Right-click on gnome-power-manager's icon, Preferences, "On Battery
> Power", "When battery power is critically low:". Choose Suspend or
> Hibernate.

Ahhh, I'd set that to 'hibernate'.  Suspend still uses power and when
your battery is critically low, you might only get a short amount of
time before the battery dies anyway.  hibernate on the other hand will
get you back to where you were (faster than rebooting) and it doesn't
use power.

R.
 It's much better on my side"