kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Mar 30 06:51:56 UTC 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> (Note that Fedora 9 is already past feature freeze any way...)

That means not adding new features.  How about removing?

Now, seriously...

How bad would it Fedora take it if I were to go with this kernel-libre
project, the way it is now, through the Fedora package submission
process?

I'd very much like to be able to use Fedora CVS to maintain this
(although I do have permission from FSFLA to maintain it there
instead), and I'd very much like to use Fedora build machinery and
binary hosting, even if this kernel isn't actually included in
releases, even if it's excluded from rawhide.

Does this sound like something that would be outright rejected, to the
point that it doesn't make sense for me to even try?

Or does it make sense to start the discussion in the context of an
official package submission?