Java debugging

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:07:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I've looked, and I don't think it's possible to fix this for Java 1.6.
>
>  In
>  http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/apiDocs/org/apache/axis/i18n/ProjectResourceBundle.html,
>  clearCache() is part of the public API.  However,
>  org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle inherits from
>  java.util.ResourceBundle, and that class marks clearCache() as final.
>  We could delete clearCache() and just use the inherited method as
>  a workaround, but it doesn't do the same thing.
>
>  The only way to recompile this, or indeed to use it, is with
>  Java < 1.6.

Yes.  On the other hand, it's an old version of an obsolete product,
with at least one serious bug that I can easily demonstrate, so I
don't think we should suffer any heartburn over it.  What we need to
do is work on getting axis2 packaged.  Jpackage already has it, which
should makes things easier.

Who else out there is interested in getting a modern web services
platform put together for Fedora?  We should coordinate efforts.  I am
being forced to consume an external web service that has  references
to the apachesoap namespace, meaning it can only be consumed by axis.
My organization uses CXF to produce our own web services.  I can
*probably* get my boss to give me some work cycles towards getting one
or both platforms packaged for Fedora, and then we can just ditch the
obsolete, buggy, unrecompilable axis package.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/