/etc/alternatives not quite working

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri May 2 15:27:44 UTC 2008

TC> I'm trying to reproduce this one to troubleshoot it, but I simply
TC> can't, not even following the steps listed in bz 394131.

I had one fresh F7 install (out of a hundred or so) where emacs was
installed but the alternatives stuff just wasn't done at all.  All of
the installs were identical (all i386, same kickstart files/package
set, though the hardware itself differs wildly).  I couldn't figure
out what had gone wrong, and reinstalling emacs fixed things up.

I suspect there's some weird race involved.

 - J<