Multilib Middle-Ground

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri May 2 19:10:08 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 02 mai 2008 à 14:58 -0400, Colin Walters a écrit :

> Basically, Fedora is a lot more interested in improving our free
> stack.  It's been well known for years how to install the proprietary
> JDK; yes, jpackage makes it a lot nicer for those people aware of the
> system, but I think we should leave it up to jpackage rather than
> putting it into Fedora.

I don't think the jpackage developers are very interested in proprietary
stuff either. JPackage is mostly about packaging the FLOSS Java
universe, the proprietary bits are only there as requires, and get
dropped when they  have a working FLOSS replacement (and are generally
speaking a PITA to manage in the meanwhile)

--
Nicolas Mailhot