Multilib Middle-Ground

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat May 3 18:04:35 UTC 2008

Le samedi 03 mai 2008 à 22:11 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> There is no "specialization" usually necessary for including software in
> the repository. Fedora avoids specialization by being close to upstream
> usually.

I'm afraid a lot of the java upstreams have a long way to go before
FLOSS OSes can be close to them. After drumming for years "don't think
about the OS, java will hide the OS layer for you" SUN managed to create
thousands of developers that actively want nothing to do with the OS
problems.

--
Nicolas Mailhot