Help a little, make Fedora 10 a lot better

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 5 05:37:56 UTC 2008

> We're not there (yet)
> =====================
>
> Such as… fonts. Fedora inherited from Red Hat Linux an impeccable
> American server OS pedigree. Unfortunately it also inherited
> its American server OS limits. Massive non-English Linux desktop
> deployments often use Debian or Debian derivatives. Meanwhile we discuss
> English locales support.

Are you talking about the fact that I've raised issues with being stuck
with Letter paper because I use US english?

That might be my issue, but that isn't the problem as far as I see it.
This is as much a problem for anyone that wants to use some other
language than english, but lives in the US and is stuff with A4 instead
of letter.

We might be discussing locales support, but it's got nothing to do with
english.  It's about the ability to use a language and live somewhere
and not have assumptions about the second because of the first.

R.
 It's much better on my side"