Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon May 12 22:13:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:

>  So there are a bunch of Java packages that I use that I would like to
>  drive into *some* repository where they can get picked up and used by
>  others with similar needs.  I've been driving towards Fedora so far.
>  What's a good long-term solution, then?  Should I keep that up, focus
>  on JPackage, help figure out how the two are going to cooperate, ...?

If we keep making sure Fedora and JPackage are cooperating on the
level of Java package policy (as I believe we mostly are now), then
largely any work you do in Fedora should translate into JPackage, and
vice versa.   So I think if you've been working in the Fedora context,
it makes sense to continue to do so.