Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason Corley jason.corley at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:21:01 UTC 2008

>     [12:33] <spot> jpackage is no more of an upstream than Fedora is.
>
> Yes. JPackage isn't upstream for the Tomcat software, and neither is Fedora.

We are, however, upstream for your Tomcat RPMS, a distinction you seem
incapable of grasping sadly.  Patches to Tomcat's code base should
clearly go to the ASF.

> How wonderful it is, when quotes are taken out of context. :)

You mean like how you removed the part of my email where I pointed out
PACKAGING bugfixes that were never submitted back to the package
authors at JPackage?
Jason