Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 13 20:50:23 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> But the way we work around that problem is to not use the one that
> conflicts.  I think you are suggesting not using fedora unless you
> provide a straightforward exclusion method for the conflicting packages.
>  is that really what you want people to do?

You have a bad habit of trying to put words into other people's mouths.
Just stop doing that. All distributions have conflicting repositories.
You can avoid choosing conflicting repositories or workaround them by
assigning a priority or any number of other methods. That's your choice.
I have suggested nothing one way or another and implying that I did is
just plain lying.

Rahul