Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 15 00:37:42 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Yes, but now we are back to the fact that the jpackage ones didn't
> conflict with anything until fedora started including conflicting ones,
> so it seems in bad taste to blame the third party.

I didn't blame anyone. Just stated facts.

Sorry if that sounds
> insulting, but that's just the way it looks from outside.  If there was
> some big effort made to avoid this problem and it proved to be
> impossible, I must have missed the reasons.

You did despite it being explained to you several times. There are major
software components like Openoffice.org and Eclipse that depends on
Java. Excluding all the software just because they are in a third party
repository is impossible. I will the end the discussion here since you
seem to be going in circles.

Rahul