rawhide bugs becoming F-9 bugs

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu May 15 13:35:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 03:11:30AM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
> So the question is, if not NOW at release, then when should those open bugs
> be changed to a release version?  How much harder would it be to do later
> than it is now?

If you are going to change rawhide bugs to Fx bugs at Fx release time,
why even have rawhide as a bugzilla version at all?  Why not report
bugs in what will become F10 under version F10 now?  You can tell from
the reported date that it was during the development cycle of F10.

If people can't be bothered to update a bug once every 6 months if it
still applies to the latest version, then it should be closed WONTFIX.
Leaving it as "rawhide" forever does no one any good.

So I propose to get rid of "rawhide" as a Bugzilla version, and create
the F10 version NOW, and likewise, create Fx Bugzilla versions at the
time Fx is branched in CVS.