SWFdec vs Gnash (also gcjwebplugin)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 15 15:51:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:33:46AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> It's not proprietary, it's any codecs that aren't installed. The
> gstreamer side has zero implementation details as to where codecs
> are installed from.

Sure, but since there are real issues mainly for proprietary codecs,
having such feature is likely to lead to helping install proprietary
codecs. This is not necessarily the case, I understand it well, but
(and without having looked at this issue), I would assume that it may
lead to proprietary codecs being installed. This may well be a false
assumption, but a quite logical one. And if there are no implementation
details, it is even more probable. In any case my assumptions are
irrelevant since I wasn't part of that discussion in gnash, and I don't
care that much (I always have all the codecs installed).

Anyway I could still have a look at it for fedora sake, but where is
the documentation?

--
Pat