Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:49:08 UTC 2008

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Les how about instead of point out all the faillings of the Fedora
> project every other email.. try and do some work.

> If you spent half of
> your energy you spent on making everyone look like idiots, misfits,
> and failures.. you could have sponsored and worked on some of those
> packages you are griping about.

The packages I want to install aren't missing from fedora because of a
lack of packagers and I don't particularly want them in a
fedora-maintained and policy-restricted repository.  For the
java-1.5.0-sun-compat package that makes a good example, there was a
time when I'd find the instructions to set up yum for a current fedora
here http://www.jpackage.org/yum.php.  A working file probably still
exists somewhere.

--
   Les Mikesell