Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:42:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Christopher Stone
<chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't give a hoot if the packages are supported or not, I just want
> an easy way to get my nVidia card working.  All you people do is gripe
> and moan about how much work it would be and all this and that.  Look,
> its just a matter of adding rpms to a repo, make an "unsupported" repo
> if you have to.  The bottom line is you want to have as many people
> testing the OS as possible.

There's nothing stopping you or anyone else from creating an
unsupported repository containing packages which are not signed by the
fedora gpg key... if you have the resources to host it...then just do
it. In fact we've seen developers generate unsupported repositories in
the past...there was a repo for open wireless development kernels for
a time that were not supported that was very useful and yet very
unsupported by the Fedora project itself in any way whatsoever.

This is going to be my last post in response to you. I think your
comments concerning ajax in this post have crossed a line which should
not have been crossed and I believe that continuing to have a dialog
with you about anything at all...is only going to reinforce the idea
that your choices in how your shown displease with the situation is
something condonable.
Let me be clear, I think your choices to personally attack ajax are
reprehensible and quite distasteful to read.  There's absolutely no
reason to attack ajax personally as you have done.  If you want to
continue to be upset over the technical issues..fine be upset...but
keep it impersonal. Hint, bringing up someones parenting skills...is
personal. Even as a joke, its really not proper to do in what is
clearly a heated exchange. It certainly doesn't help keep emotions
low.

I would humbly suggest you take a moment and reread the full extent of
what your have written so far and reflect as to whether this is the
best way to persuade someone to do what you want, and how you'd
personally react to this sort of attempt to at a character
assassination if aimed in your direction.

I would also encourage others who are reading this thread to refrain
from responding to you, until you've made a sincere retraction and an
apology.

-jef"Knows from experience, that its just too easy to cross the line
in a heated exchange without intending to, and it's really important
to be able to take a step back. I could probably write a memior's
worth of prose just recounting when I crossed the line and had to
swallow some pride and make amends."spaleta