Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:43:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:34:09 -0700
"Christopher Stone" <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/20 David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com>:
> > I need this too. So get busy and provide this please.  ;-)
>
> Sure, as soon as I get Ajax's paycheck I'll do his job for him....

I'm pretty sure ajax's job description doesn't include: "Provide
solutions regardless of Fedora goals and guidelines.  Jump when Chris
Stone says so."

You never answered my "What if Xorg was maintained by a community
volunteer" question.

And if everyone that worked on open source software required a paycheck
from someone explicitly for that, then it either wouldn't exist at all
or it would be in a much sadder state of affairs. If you want to pay
someone to do this work for you, feel free.  It's not ajax's job.

josh