Important information regarding 'rel-eng at fedoraproject.org' emails

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 22 13:25:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 14:14 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Also, in:
>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-may-19
>
> You said:
>
>   "at the time we enable email -> trac, I want to create a real
> releng
>    mailing list, since we can now do hosted mailing lists
>
>    move discussion to the public list, and get rid of the alias which
>    is difficult to maintain and archive"
>
> That'd be great too - I found it hard during the freeze to keep track
> of
> what rel-eng plans were with e.g. when the RC was to be composed.
>
> Generally, it's very useful for people to be able to keep an eye on
> what's going on in rel-eng.

The list has been created, 'rel-eng at lists.fedoraproject.org' however I'm
still fighting a bit with some email loops I created when trying to get
said list to be the default assignee of tickets and
rel-eng at fedoraproject.org being the email gateway so I haven't
advertised the list as "open for business" yet.

Mostly I hope our conversations happen on fedora-devel-list as that's
the most appropriate place for items that concern the maintainers.  The
list is just a handy place to dump ticket messages, cron outputs, and
other such things.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!