Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

David Mansfield fedora at dm.cobite.com
Thu May 22 21:50:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 16:46 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 12:40 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > A flickering NEON overlay on top of a SteamPunk-ish blueprint for
> > > Fedora?  There's something almost incongruous here that it's almost
> > > sexy.
> >

> > It's like walking into a store that is currently undergoing
> > renovations for expansion but are still open for business.
> > It's striking the balance between staying inviting and but keeping the
> > construction moving.
> >

> Remember the movie Brazil?
>
> Remember the computers? - very steampunk-y
>
> Remember the logo for the movie? neon.

But does Brazil go to 11?

On a separate note, a previous poster's suggestion of Ultraviolet, and
the abbreviation of 'UV' made me wonder if there could be some sort of
roman numeral pun that would get us to 'these go to 11', and also play
off the Fruity Operating System roman numeral fetish.

It would have to be awfully clever to hit all those targets and still
associate with Sulphur.

I'm just haven't thought of one yet...

David