Re: ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 14:56 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> I assume that the long term plan (goal) is to have a single package
> which does everything "right" which is currently done by the
> combination of ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs.

ntfsprogs is not really maintained these days, but it provides utilities
that ntfs-3g does not intend to implement in the near term.

Long term, it is probable that ntfs-3g will enable the same set of
functionality that ntfsprogs does, but until then, we'll continue to
leverage the best of both worlds.

~spot, maintainer for both ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs