Suggestion with respect to the Fedora Update System

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu May 29 15:05:33 UTC 2008

On Thu May 29 2008, "G" wrote:

> For bugs which does not have any Bug ID tagged and for an enhancement
> for which there is no note written about the enhancement, should i
> take this approach of just installing the package, check whether the
> basic application works and it does not corrupt any other stuff and
> inform it works ?  or should i do something more than this and yeah

There is no real policy about this, therefore I say checking the basics is
enough for now. You can also note this in the comment.

> documenting it somewhere should be fine , there should be some
> databasse we need that helps as a reference. This is mandatory

You can just start and try to create some reference for some packages you are
interested and join the QA-Sig, i.e. contact the people listed here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/QA

Maybe you can together create a framework / procedures to document the test
cases and assign them to testers. Also you can ask on the Fedora testing
list: