Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat May 31 02:08:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 17:17 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Not all contributors slavishly read every word on fedora-devel-list.

Perhaps not.  But perhaps the chance to participate in the naming of a
distribution is a treat we gift upon those that do...

In the early days the naming was picked by those who were in the office
late at night hacking crap together to make the release happen.  Then it
moved to something more where a few people would pick some names and
then those would get voted on by members of fedora-maintainers-list.
Then we allowed said maintainers to offer suggestions.  Then we shut
down fedora-maintainers-list and moved the suggestions to
fedora-devel-list.  The spirit is the same, those that are slogging
along and putting up with the traffic and doing the necessary work are
those who get some bonus in offering suggestions for the name of the
next release.  Actually voting on the names that have made it back
through the board and Legal will be open to a far broader range of
Fedora contributors.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!