Flash 10 in 64-bit F9: does it work?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Sun Nov 9 20:02:03 UTC 2008

Chris Adams wrote:

> Would it make sense for libflashsupport to "Require: libcurl.so.4" then?
> It is a hack, but libflashsupport in general is a hack, so it would seem
> to be the best place for this (since the flash-plugin RPM itself is not
> requiring the needed dependencies).

Flash 10 no longer needs libflashsupport. In fact, the Flash 10 RPM
already has a Require: libcurl.so.4. You couldn't install it without it.
Fedora updated the libcurl RPM to have a libcurl.so.4. This was
discussed back in the Fedora 10 beta when it was first changed.

If you somehow didn't have curl already installed... I question how you
installed Flash in the first place. It definitely wasn't by RPM or else
you added a --nodeps to your install arguments.