Automatic BuildRequires

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Nov 9 21:49:42 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 05:16:50 am Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 06:15:38AM -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:01 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > [I'm sure this isn't the first time this has occurred to someone, or
> > > even been done -- but couldn't find anything for it in Google ...]
> > >
> > > http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/auto-buildrequires/
> > >
> > > This tries to find the correct set of BuildRequires automatically when
> > > running 'rpmbuild'.  Just replace the ordinary rpmbuild command with
> > > auto-br-rpmbuild, and it will print out a suggested set of
> > > BuildRequires lines at the end.  For example:
> >
> > I take it that it needs to be run in a system/root that already has the
> > appropriate packages installed?
>
> Yes, you just run it on a normal system.  The main idea is so you
> don't have to keep submitting Koji jobs because you missed out some
> BuildRequires.
Thats what mock on your local system is for.  Please don't abuse koji by doing
that.  if you have it right on one arch using scratch builds in koji to test
all arches is appropriate. but not to work out missing BuildRequires.  Again
please be thoughtful with the resources fedora provides  they are not infinite.

Dennis