Proposal: Rolling Release

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Mon Nov 10 18:24:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:58:52AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> It just needs to be turned into a mandatory update tool with PackageKit.
>  Joe Enduser needs to be able to click "Update Me!" and go from Fedora
> 9 to Fedora 10 with a single click.

Can I update from up-to-date fedora N to fedora N+1 through a command
line ssh connection now?  Or is that still unsupported?

And if yes, how?  Is it just changing the repository to N+1 and yum
update?

No clicking or booting on something else involved, please.  Something
one can do reasonably automatically on 300+ systems without having to
go in front of them.

  OG.