starting Fedora Server SIG

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Nov 11 18:50:41 UTC 2008

There were many discussions in the past few days and weeks about the
orientation Fedora currently has. It is a fact that currently
Fedora is primarily desktop oriented.

We agree that Desktop is important part of the system, it is highly
visible to the public and large number of Fedora users. But we also see
a large number of Fedora and CentOS users and RHEL customers with very
specific needs and demands. We can not omit the server fundamentals that
later create a successful enterprise product and in our opinion a formal
entity must exist to coordinate these efforts.

That's why we started work on establishing the Fedora Server SIG. The
draft is available at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DanHorak/ServerSIG
Any constructive ideas are welcome  :-)

		Dan

--
Dan Horák
Software Engineer, BaseOS

Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 99, 612 45 Brno