Plan for tomorrows (20081112) FESCO meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:44:31 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 01:14:02PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler
>> The page appears to be only partially complete and in Category:
>> FeaturePageIncomplete
>
> Yes because, erm, it's not complete.

I think poelcat means, it's incomplete so won't be discussed yet :-)

> Partly I have no idea what's supposed to go in the Test Plan section.
> An actual test plan covering the features of all the libraries would
> be huge and take weeks to run.  In addition, we have to disable %check
> sections in MinGW packages because wine cannot run inside the mock/
> koji environment.  Wine needs an X server and a writable $HOME.

The test plan needs to tell people how to tell if the Feature is
complete and whether it's reasonable to tell people it's ready to use
when the next Fedora release comes out.  If the feature passes the test
plan then the Feature is announced.  If it fails the test plan, then
whatever is in the Contingency Plan would go into effect.

For MinGW, I'd ask, how do you know that the libraries you produce are
working?  What basic goals should someone be able to achieve when using
them?  What tasks can a tester do to show that someone wanting to
utilize the feature is not going to be frustrated and disappointed?

-Toshio