MinGW Feature Page (was Re: Plan for tomorrows (20081112) FESCO meeting)

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 04:59:02 UTC 2008

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> The page appears to be only partially complete and in Category:
>>> FeaturePageIncomplete
>> Yes because, erm, it's not complete.
>>
> I think poelcat means, it's incomplete so won't be discussed yet :-)
>
>> Partly I have no idea what's supposed to go in the Test Plan section.
>> An actual test plan covering the features of all the libraries would
>> be huge and take weeks to run.  In addition, we have to disable %check
>> sections in MinGW packages because wine cannot run inside the mock/
>> koji environment.  Wine needs an X server and a writable $HOME.
>>
> The test plan needs to tell people how to tell if the Feature is
> complete and whether it's reasonable to tell people it's ready to use
> when the next Fedora release comes out.  If the feature passes the test
> plan then the Feature is announced.  If it fails the test plan, then
> whatever is in the Contingency Plan would go into effect.
>
> For MinGW, I'd ask, how do you know that the libraries you produce are
> working?  What basic goals should someone be able to achieve when using
> them?  What tasks can a tester do to show that someone wanting to
> utilize the feature is not going to be frustrated and disappointed?
>
> -Toshio

Yes, I meant, but failed to say, "it won't be discussed because it isn't
done" :) The comments in this section (click edit) explain which
category the page needs to be in:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EmptyTemplate#Comments_and_Discussion

Will added some more details to the template and has renamed that
section "How To Test".  Click "edit" for that section to see the
suggestions.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EmptyTemplate#How_To_Test

John