What do we need from Bugzilla?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:05:59 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 13:02 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>> Agreed. Which is one of the major driving factors for this
>>> questionnaire thread. I figure Bugzilla must be doing some things
>>> right.
>>
>> It's not that it's doing things right, it's just too cost prohibitive to
>> create something else to do the same things in the same predictably
>> wrong way (:
>
> That's actually pretty funny when compared to the reaction I get here to
> comments regarding API and functional changes in fedora itself.
>
> But, lots of people like trac these days.

trac has some good features and some bad ones too:

It's UI is poor because it hides things like "new ticket" unless you're
logged in.

It has no protection against mid-air collisions.

If you hit the back button or a link by mistake, you can't go back to
the previous page and have your painstakingly entered comment still be
there.

yadda yadda.
-Toshio