Feature proposal: New, Standard Documentation System

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Thu Nov 27 04:44:54 UTC 2008

Michael,

What would a new system's advantage over man be?  For example, if a new
interface to manpages were created, that might eliminate some of the
initial learning curve some might say manpages present to users.

Actually, I think manpages already solve your 5 points without need
anything new.  Perhaps a manpage-to-X/HTML solution that allows reading
them on the fly in a browser could be used to make accessing them
easier.

So, what this comes down to is creating an easier way to make manpages,
if what I am suggesting makes sense.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com