reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 07:42:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:36:05AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> If we present the _appearance_ of a distro with security updates, while
> in fact there are serious security issues being unfixed, then that is
> _much_ worse than the current "That distro is EOL. Upgrade before you
> get hacked" messaging.

The aim here is not to present the _appearance_ of a distro with
security updates but give the choice to the user either to upgrade or to
stick with a distro where some packages will not be maintained.
Something along "That distro is EOL. Upgrade before you get hacked.
Alternatively, and at your own risk, you can enable a repository where
some packages are updated on a volunteer basis, but some packages aren't
maintained anymore."

With a page listing which packages are still supported.

--
Pat