SELinux - copying ISO file content

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at unil.ch
Fri Oct 3 07:15:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 01:03:44 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> ...but how is the *average* user supposed to do this copy?

I have a Fedora 9 running under VirtualBox and am basically wondering
the same thing about the SharedFolder thing.  When one simply does a
$ mount -t vboxsf VMShared /mnt
then a subsequent attempt to copy something in there yields:
$ mv gr.078212.108v2.pdf /mnt
mv: cannot create regular file `/mnt/gr.078212.108v2.pdf': Permission denied
and selinuxtroubleshootd pops up (which is nice).

And then there are further hickups if you leave the filesystem mounted
overnight: updatedb and (I think) logwatch cron jobs are also getting
denials.

This can all be fixed using audit2allow etc., as explained in the
setroubleshootd output, but...

Maybe some nice little script, to do selinux tweaks, that could be run
after mounting a new filesystem would help ?

Cheers,
					Christian