Fedora 10 Live CD services (all necessary?)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Oct 9 20:17:46 UTC 2008

On Thu October 9 2008, Paul Howarth wrote:

> CUPS can autodetect network printers, which desktop users would no doubt
> find useful, even though there may be no local printing hardware.

Cups printer autodetection seems to work fast enough, that it could be enabled
on demand, e.g. when kprinter is opened. I have cups always deactivated and
when I need to print something, I start it and the kprinter instance I start
directly after this, shows the network printers, that are found via cups
browsing. But I guess there is no infrastructure there yet, to get cups
started on demand.

Regards,
Till