Package review backlog.

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 14:06:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 03:33:33PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 10.10.2008, 14:14 +0100 schrieb David Woodhouse:
>
> > I propose that each FESCo member should try to work on at least one
> > package review per week. Each week at the FESCo meeting, we'll ask
> > members which reviews they've worked on in the past week.
> >
> > It won't be _mandatory_ --
> [snipped]
>
> But perhaps we should think about making your proposal mandatory for
> sponsors and - more important - for people who want to become a sponsor.

This is taken into account in (secret) discussions about sponsors. Maybe
not enough, but as far as I can tell most sponsors have a good record of
reviews. There are certainly exception, but considering that the 3 who
do many reviews are sponsors, the balance for sponsors is very
positive... But it has to be that way, because it is easier to submit
packages than to do review (in my opinion) so experienced people should
have a positive balance if things are to work smoothly.

--
Pat