[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 10 16:28:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 06:09:23PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Patrice Dumas [10/10/2008 17:39] :
> >
> >                  Now it may very well be possible that there is not
> > enough interested users to make that distro, but there is also a lack of
> > support from the boards.
>
> You don't actually need support from the boards to do something.

When it requires cooperation with the infrastructure, it does. It is
also possible to start something external like rpmfusion, but the amount
of work is very big. My proposal only made sense if the economies of
scale realized by working inside the fedora project were realized.

Still, if somebody provides the infrastructure, sure I'll try to help
with a project similar than the one I proposed, but I cannot myself do
anything for the infrastructure part.

--
Pat