Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Oct 11 21:11:17 UTC 2008

On Sat October 11 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> And this is a really complex solution with lots of manual work for the
> maintainer to do at each upstream release (your proposed Makefile.common
> snippets only automate small parts of it, which are just basic diff and
> patch invocations anyway), you didn't even list all of them (for example,
> the source tarball has to be extracted to rediff a patch).

I guess you do not know the make targets I posted, because "make prep" already
extracts the source tarball, applies the patches and if you use "-b .foo" in
the %patch, even a bar.foo backup file for bar is generated, so you can
easily use gendiff. I do not see which commands were missing, except a cvs
commit, which has to be done anyways.

Regards,
Till