Bodhi error while doing a 'make update', and now I can't make an update for that tag

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sun Oct 12 19:59:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:28:20PM -0700, Caitlyn O'Hanna wrote:
> I attempted to push my update via the command line, and encountered an
> error from Bodhi while doing a 'make update'.  Now, I can't push the
> update via the web interface as it says the update exists, but it isn't
> listed with my other updates.  If I click on the link the error
> provides, it says that there isn't an update.  The tag for my update is
> pysvn-1_6_1-2_fc9.
>
> Looking at the bug reports for Bodhi, it looks like I should have put
> just 'B' in the type field and not 'bugfix' as the template lead me to
> believe.

Nope, the template is correct.  The old style single-letter update types
are obsolete.

> Is there anything I can do to unclog this?  Thanks for any help.

It looks like due to a previous tag mismatch, koji threw a TagError when
bodhi attempted to obsolete and untag the previous pysvn update.

I cleaned up the stray build in bodhi, fixed the issue in git, rolled a
new release, and deployed it to our app servers.

Please give it another shot.

luke