reviving Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Oct 13 06:24:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 00:01 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:

> >> In terms of those metrics, I'm still in favor of a mostly anarchical approach:
> >>

> > I completly agree. This is simple and leave everything to the packagers
> > initiative, I think that it is also what Ralf had in mind. But some people
> > insisted on communicating to the public what was maintained, hence my
> > proposal. But what you propose is better.
> >
> > --
> > Pat
> >

> Up to here you definitely had my sympathy. But this anarchical approach
> makes me wonder who your target audience is.
All "users", esp. those who currently stay with discontinued and
unmaintained Fedoras, because
- they are not aware about these Fedora's being dead.
- they can't cope with the "frequent upgrades" or can't afford upgrading
at the point in time a Fedora release is going EOL. discontinued.
- they can't upgrade for technical reasons.

Another aspect would be "keep users with Fedora" and to not force them
to resort to other distros.

Ralf