[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Oct 13 12:22:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 22:32 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> > * Patrice Dumas [12/10/2008 16:51] :
> > > Which work? Not shutting down builders and other infras for the EOL
> > > branches?
>
> > Not just not shutting them down but actively maintaining them, which
> > would require more work than maintaining the non-EOL branches.
>
> I fail to see what the big job is here, but whatever.
Is Fedora's infrastructure working such kind of ineffective, "keeping
the build infrastructure alive" is such an overwhelming amount of
effort?

If so, I am very sure, EPEL4 will be discontinued, once RHEL6 will be
released, because of the additional effort, right?

Of cause this will not happen. More likely RH will assign people to
maintain it - See, no secret plans, just "hegemony of interests".